02 May 2007

Exploding Summer Beer.

This post started as one thing, will end as another. I set out to brew some Angelsweat for Bay to Breakers. I recorded all the specifics up till time of proposed dry-hop:

"That's right. The sweat of an angel, peoples. You know you want it.

Contract brewing for Adventure Angels Bay to Breakers after party. I'm pretty sure I just felt an earthquake; God must not like me bottling the sweat of his minions.

Added 6 lbs wheat extract and 1 lb light dry extract to 2 1/2 gallons tap water.
1 0z Hallertaur pellets upon boil.

Pitched yeast: Whitelabs tube of American Hefeweizen WLP320
OG: 1.053"

Then, I came home after a hot day and evening at work, and WOW! The beer had exploded out the top of the fermenter, like a geyser spraying 2 1/2 gallons of beer all over my kitchen. Back to the drawing board.

No comments: