10 May 2007

More Offerings from Krypton


The father of Supermom has done it again.

First up: grain beer. No other description given.
First impression is a great head, not too much but definitely present, with dense small off-white bubbles. The beer is cloudy and pale. The aroma made me think Belgian, but the palate made me doubt that guess. There isn't a strong hop aroma, which makes me think it probably wasn't dry-hopped. I also guess that cascade hops wern't used, since I don't get that recognizable west-coast smell or citrus flavor. There is a great new flavor, however, somewhat bready and slight sweetness with tasty, stinging hops bittering up the finish. The head stays around till the last sip, without any real agitation required. Good job, Jor-el.

1 comment:

The Alicat said...

I just got back from Hungary where I had some of the BEST Belgian beer my mouth has ever had. It was called Kwak. it was 8% and it was good.